The Innovation Lab’s advances projects built on passion. Small teams guided by the rest of the Lab work collaboratively through experimentation and learning. If you are passionate about an idea or project, we invite you to “pitch” it to other like-minded Lab members for support.
These three examples will give you a flavour of what we’ve been up to:
- Luncha Kucha is a monthly lunch-and-learn series where two employees make a pecha kucha* presentation about a topic they are passionate about
- Tracking Ticker Toronto is a way to tell Toronto’s story through live statistics about our society, environment and economy.
- The Codeacademy Club is a way for City staff to learn collaboratively, upping the City’s coding literacy.
Lead or join a passion project. Here’s how:
- Come up with an idea — don’t be afraid to think big!
- Scope your idea and develop your pitch based on what you want to achieve.
- Pitch your idea at an Innovation Lab Roundtable meeting
- Working with the people you’ve recruited, implement your idea
- Celebrate your successes
- Use what you’ve learned to refine your idea and grow it
Find out more about how to pull off a successful passion project.